Q. What are the steps in finding information on a topic?
- Start with a reference book, like an encyclopedia, or even with a textbook, for background information.
- You can also try a general online reference source, such as Credo Reference, to identify resources.
- Use the online Catalog to locate books or eBooks, for broader and more in depth coverage of a subject.
- Use online databases to locate articles for the most current and specialized information on your topic.
- Find Internet resources, to add organizational information and more details to information found so far.
- Evaluate what you have found, according to your needs.
- Revise / modify your search as necessary; and organize the information for presentation.
- Make sure to properly cite your sources. A librarian can help you with citations, if necessary.
Was this helpful? 0 0